Want to contribute to Ethos?
You are more than welcome to. Anyone is, provided that they want to. It's pretty simple.
Below, there are some guidelines on what we do and don't want for Ethos. As long as your contribution is within these guidelines, it's very welcome for consideration.
We will always consider submitted content, but there are never guarantees or promises.
What we do like
- Boy moments and reflections
- Boy stories (real or fictional)
- Boylove outside of Western countries
- Boys toys and technology
- Boylove history articles
- Profiles on famous boys
- Boy-related reviews for movies and books
- Boy-related comedy and humour
- Boylove board/forum memories and tributes
- Messages to boys you love
- Boys and health
- Boys and beauty
- Creative works (poetry, etc.)
- Boy-related fashion
- Plus lots of other boy-related subjects
Some pieces can be short, and some can be long. We will review everything submitted. We have a word limit of 4,000 (four-thousand) words, because much more than that is too much. Submissions longer than 4k words may either be split, or not used at all. Keep in mind that we do have to put this in Ethos and people do have to read it.
Your submission can be two paragraphs, if that's what you want to submit. If you're unsure of whether what you've wrote is suitable, send it in anyway. We will give it the same amount of consideration as any other piece. If you want, we can get back to you and give you feedback too.
What we don't like
This list is much shorter. It's nicer to read.
We will not accept your submission if it:
- Appears intended to convey a strongly religious message
- In any form encourages illegal behaviour
- Is overly erotic or salacious in nature
- Attacks a person
- Attacks a boylove board
- Is discriminatory towards any subset of people
- Is clearly spam or a troll submission
We value your opinions. While we do provide entertainment, some commentary on various things of interest to boylovers (for example, unreasonable laws or events blown out of proportion) will also feature and readers, and submitters, have to be aware that Ethos is not just entertainment but it's also a platform for the boylove community.
To make sure we can provide for the community without digging our own grave we do have to prohibit certain types of content. This is also part for sanity, but additionally because we consider ourselves a professional publication even if we ourselves are not professionals. We work hard to provide Ethos for you, and we very much appreciate our writers working hard to provide us with content. As long as it isn't anything under this heading, you should be okay.