Last update: September 17, 2018
In order to make sure that people understand certain things about Ethos, and what we do, we have made a disclaimer. If you plan on submitting to Ethos, you need to read this fully.
Nice and small, comfy to read
Tell me everything
- Ethos does not represent the boylove community, and is not represented by the content published in each issue.
- Ethos staff may or may not agree with or endorse views presented by the author(s) of each piece of content.
- When submitting, you agree to give to Ethos a copy of your submission. This copy of the submission will belong solely to Ethos, but you still own your individual copy and may do with that as you please. Ethos must attribute you if they use their copy of your submission. You can request withdrawal, but that request may or may not be honoured. You can not request withdrawal two weeks prior to publication.
- Not every submission will be used. Some will, some won't.
- Your submission will be edited if it is going to be used.
- Modern Boylover Magazine (MBM) is subject to a separate disclaimer found in each copy of MBM.
Lots of words but very informative
This applies to all areas of Ethos
- The content of Ethos is not intended to represent the view or opinions of the staff, or of Ethos itself. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the individual author or commentator, and are not necessarily shared or endorsed by those who work on Ethos nor do they signify the public stance of Ethos.
- Ethos does not represent the boylove community. The views and opinions present in Ethos are solely that of the author and are not necessarily shared or endorsed by members of the boylove community.
- Images used in Ethos have been used in accordance with the license attached to each image. Where the license dictates, we have provided appropriate attribution. Images on the website are attributed here.
- Modern Boylover Magazine (MBM) has its own disclaimer. To view their disclaimer, please open up any issue of their magazine. The disclaimer will be found in one of the first three pages.
This applies only to Ethos Magazine
- When you submit content to Ethos, you acknowledge and agree to Ethos being given a copy of your submission. Ethos will have full rights to the copy given to them, under the sole condition that you (the original author) are attributed appropriately should it be used. You retain rights to your copy of the submission, and Ethos may modify its copy of the submission as desired.
- Ethos will typically honour submission withdrawal requests made by the original author. Withdrawal requests will be denied if the submission is being used in the next issue of Ethos and the publication date is within two weeks of the withdrawal request date.
- We reserve the right to choose whether to include or exclude content for any reason, at the discretion of the Content Manager, Director, or Owner.
- Content submitted will be edited for presentability purposes. Spelling, grammar, structure, and word usage, will be adjusted, and some section may or may not be either moved or removed. This is at the discretion of the Ethos Editors and Content Manager.